"Connecting People To God"
The Men’s Ministry is a vital part of Victory Christian Church. Through sports, short-term study groups and other activities, men in the church can experience fun, fellowship and spiritual growth. In order to have a strong and balanced christian men's ministry, you will have to build a framework. Here are eight biblically balanced benchmarks for a healthy ministry to men:
- FILLING - God's man is a self-feeder. Consistently studying and applying God's Word independent of the church or small group is essential. To do this, a man must be taught how to study the Bible. We suggest building your frame work by having weekly meetings with the Pastor or your Deacon to teach Bible interpretation skills (1 Peter 2:1-3; Psalm 1:1-3).
- TRAINING - God's man receives regular/weekly biblical instruction (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This can be achieved through a weekly small-group Bible study or large-group study with small-group discussion.
- UNITING - God's man makes it a priority to connect with other men at least two times a month for the purpose of community, accountability, confession, and prayer (Galatians 6:1-3; James 5:16; Hebrews 10:23-24).
- SURVIVING - God's man learns to address major life temptations and/or crises according to his need and life-stage. Support and encouragement from the ministry leader and small group is essential (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
- REACHING - God's man gets involved in some form of men's ministry based on his gifts and talents. God has called each of us to pour out to others what He has poured into us (1 Peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 4:11-13)
- IMPACTING - God's man invests time and resources into the lives of other men. We suggest one-on-one connection through shared activities, spiritual mentoring, and modeling (2 Tim. 2:22; Proverbs 27:17; Mark 3:13-14).
- SHARING - God's man learns to actively share his faith in order to lead others into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20).
Ministry Leader Contact Information:
Deacon William McCraney, Men's Ministry President, Email: [email protected]